Sunday, February 22, 2009



I'm glad I went for the concert on Friday eventually. It was my first pop concert, and honestly I had to drag myself out on Friday afternoon. Not that I didn't like the singer, but given the trend of chinese pop concerts nowadays, I'd be caught dead amongst the tweens. 
Well, yeah there were a fair share of them waving posters and screaming themselves hoarse (Scream, not cheer), and I was so relieved to see that there were many people not only around my age, but damn old. Like, in their fifties. I think I spotted a few elderly couples going for the concert together (awww). 

Anyway, I fell in love with his voice all over again (:

There's a reason why I put this super cui picture up instead of the more glamorous ones. Because it was when he first sang 走鋼索的人 that I nearly died. And he looked like that, mind you. Clearly, I was purely in love with his voice. Also, believe it or not, that song was one of the few songs that got me addicted to jazz (: A chinese song too :O 

And then he went on to win the competition and started looking like some poster boy. Or, at least the stylists attempted to make him look like one. 

Not your cutest guy definitely. But I thought he looked good enough. Or maybe it was the tux. There's just something about guys in tux that makes girls go wild. Think it has to do with the whole romantic gentleman thing. Hmmm. 
Anyway, that was when I started to cool off this better looking dude because I thought he looked like a bait for tweeny chicks to empty their wallets and brains. Plus, his album didn't really impress me (but it was way better than many others. WAY better), okay just not enough for me to actually want t
o deny my unwavering support. I still love his voice, but the whole packaged LOOK thing was a huge turn off. Like him trying to look suave and all, which isn't working honestly, but who knows what's up with tweeny girls nowadays and their adoration of anime lookalikes. (explains his hair i suppose; it's either the long mop, or the straggly toilet brush. I'm glad he opted for the more sensible toilet brush) 


SO, I dragged myself to the concert, wishing it was 5 March with Jason Mraz (DAMN THE TIX ARE SOLD OUT). And I still haven't gotten over him.

My favourite thing about 林宥嘉 is that he loves to sing the weirdest, most un-mainstream songs.
Which is why I was fairly disappointed with his own album because some songs were just plain cheesy. 
During the concert, I wished I brought pen and paper to scribble down many many unknown titles of his performances. 
2 songs made me cry then. I managed to find out one of them, 我
by Leslie Chung, but the original wasn't as moving as the version he sung. Maybe it was the accent; hong kong accents singing chinese is pretty weird. But I think it is more of the emotional connection that he has with the song, which really affected me. 
The other song, which I still cannot figure out what the title is, made me cry a long time. It was the lyrics. About love and loss, which made me think of the people I love and how I were to cope if they were to die. It was damn embarrassing because everyone else was cheering him on, and there I was, on the balcony seat sniffing and dabbing away. 

And of all the 3 images, the last is my favourite. Though he probably looks the worst, with the horrible expression that he usually has on while he's singing. But it also shows he's really into the song, in fact that look is probably the one when he's belting out the high notes. 

Oh, and another favourite thing. His English is really quite up to scratch. As in, it really sounds like English. When he sang "Fly me to the moon", that was it. Of all songs, the song that really kills me is that. 

In other words, I love you (:

No comments:

Post a Comment