Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I just saw a beetle die today. I was studying it while in the bathroom, and it was just thrashing about a few moments ago before it stopped moving completely. It's hard to watch someone, something pass on, no matter how tiny the organism is. Yes, even ants. I loathe them, but that doesn't mean I enjoy watching them being squashed. But that would be a better option than vacuuming them and allowing them a few extra hours of starvation or cannibalism before dying.

And so I witnessed its march to death. Okay, more of, cycling cos it was kind of moving its feet in circles. Before that I was considering turning it over so it could move and maybe get out of the bathroom. But before I could finish considering, it probably died of exhaustion from trying to flip itself over. I must be going crazy. I actually felt, feel guilty that my indecisiveness led to its end. I murdered it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment